Flow Cytometry - PTF PRECYM
Technical manager : Aude Barani
The PRECYM flow cytometry platform of the MIO is specialized in the analysis of microorganisms at the single cell level by flow cytometry: identification, counting, sorting, characterization of the physiology, viability and activities of the aquatic microorganisms. PRECYM is labeled Technological Platform of the Aix-Marseille University, by GIS IBiSA, and the Pôle Mer.
PRECYM offers the teams of the MIO as well as any unit or research institute of the public or private domain to benefit of its equipment and its know-how. Through its 3 missions, which are Research and Development, Coaching, and Training, PRECYM operates in several fields, at the national and international level:
- Support for the development and / or improvement of an experimental protocol,
- Technological developments,
- Assistance in the analysis and interpretation of cytometry data and results,
- Training in flow cytometry technology (theory and practice),
- Training in the use of platform instruments,
- Expertise for private laboratories for both analysis and sample sorting.
PRECYM is co-financed by the European Union, via the European Regional Development Funds.